Parties and celebrations are incomplete without cakes. When it comes to serving cakes at your special event – there are no hard rules. You can serve any flavour that you like, designed in any shape. There is no such thing as the one, best cake flavour – it all depends on the occasion, the preferences of the guests, the event style and more.
With that said, the truth is that not all cake flavours go well together. Some flavour combinations taste better than others. Worry not, Gurgaon Bakers comes to your rescue. As the leading party cake bakers in Gurgaon, we have plenty of experience and expertise with flavour combinations. You can order cakes online and have them delivered at your doorstep anywhere in Gurgaon.
Here, in this guide, we give you the list of best cake flavours that go well together. We’ve included some traditional flavour combos – these work for all taste preferences, as well as some modern flavour combos for those who would like to experiment.
Make use of this flavour guide while choosing cakes for your upcoming birthday parties, wedding celebrations, anniversaries, house parties and other occasions.
Classic Cake Flavour Combinations that Work for All Occasions
1. Choco-chip cookie Cake
This is a classic combination that is perfect for kid’s birthday parties as well as for adults who are kids at heart. It’s moist, buttery and sprinkled with chocolate chips all over. Easy to make and easy to serve, this is a classic flavour that never fails to impress. Serve it with ice-cream for a great dessert.
2. Vanilla Almond Hazelnut Cake
This flavour combination combines the subtle sweetness of vanilla with the bittersweet caramelised nuttiness of hazelnuts and almonds. Topped with SMB (Swiss Meringue Buttercream) and crushed praline, this cake is perfect for those who don’t want over-the-top sweet desserts. It makes a good choice for weddings and anniversary celebrations.
3. Red velvet cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Okay, red velvet cake doesn’t mean your cake is loaded with a ton of artificial red flavours. Here, at Gurgaon Bakers, we use natural colouring agents like beetroot powder to give the cake its bright signature red colour. The acidic nature of the buttermilk added to the batter gives a moist, fluffy and light cake.
When the light red velvet sponge is paired with the rich cream cheese frosting, it makes for a delightful combination. The deep red colour symbolising love makes it an ideal choice for anniversary celebrations.
Creative Cake Flavours to Try
- Almond cake with white chocolate buttercream and almond cream.
- Champagne cake with champagne buttercream and strawberry mousse – a great fit for adult parties and corporate events.
- Ginger spiced cake with honey and vanilla buttercream – Add grated ginger for extra spiciness.
- Earl grey cake with lavender flavoured buttercream – This is a sophisticated choice and works well for those who prefer slightly sweet desserts.
Now, let’s take a look at Flavours that go well with
- Coconut cake with lemon curd and maple syrup flavoured buttercream.
- Coconut cake with rum-chocolate buttercream.
- Coconut cake with dark chocolate fudge filling and SMB.
- Coconut cake with dulce de leche filling.
- Toasted coconut cake with classic American buttercream.
- Banana cake with salted caramel frosting.
- Banana cake with Nutella buttercream.
- Tropical banana cake with pineapple buttercream.
- Banana cake with blueberry filling and blueberry compote.
- Banana cake with almond buttercream and coconut cream.
- Classic Banana cake with caramel cream cheese frosting.
- Lemon cake with raspberry frosting and lemon-flavoured buttercream.
- Lemon cake with almond buttercream.
- Lemon cake with lemon curd.
- Strawberry cake with strawberry buttercream and banana mousse.
- Strawberry cake with raspberry filling and white chocolate buttercream.
- Strawberry cake with classic vanilla American buttercream.
- Orange cake with vanilla chai buttercream.
- Chocolate cake with mascarpone cream cheese frosting.
- Dense chocolate cake with chocolate ganache.
- Chocolate fudge cake with white chocolate mousse.
- Dark chocolate cake with mint buttercream or peanut butter frosting.
- Chocolate cake with crushed Oreo buttercream.
- Cherry chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream.
- German chocolate cake with cherry liquor.
Other Unique Combinations
- Matcha cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Matcha pound cake with blueberry filling.
- Pumpkin spice cake with chai latte buttercream.
- Apple spice cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Apple pear cake with pie filling.
- Pumpkin ginger cake with whipped buttercream.
So, which of these cake flavours would you like to try? To order cakes online in Gurgaon, just give us a ring/Whatsapp us at +91 98999-88185 with your requirements and our team of master bakers will craft the finest desserts for your special celebrations.