Christmas is around the corner, and it is time for some tasty cakes and yummy foods. The festival of Christmas is celebrated with great fervor and joy across the world. It is a time when family and friends get together and exchange gifts and goodies. A traditional Christmas cake is an integral part of the celebrations.
You can always order a Christmas Cake from one of Gurgaon’s online cake delivery services, like Gurgaon Bakers. But there is something special about making Christmas cakes at home. Finding an easy Christmas cake recipe, getting all the ingredients, and getting together as a family to bake the cake – all this makes your Christmas Cake extra special.
With more and more people turning to vegan lifestyles, there has been an increased demand for eggless Christmas cakes. So we bring you the best eggless Christmas cake recipe for this season. This easy, traditional Christmas Cake recipe doesn’t use eggs making it the perfect choice for vegans. With just a few simple ingredients, this great recipe from the best bakery in Gurgaon, lets you bake a delicious cake to make your Christmas a little more special.
Don’t forget to check out our latest selection of Christmas Cakes, made with love and care. Order one online from Gurgaon Bakers while you get ready for Christmas.
1. Getting The Recipe Right
Before you start baking, ensure that you have a good Eggless Christmas Cake recipe. With so many recipes available online, it can be tricky to choose one. A good way to narrow down your search is to look for recipes that have been tried and tested by other bakers. This way, you can be sure that the recipe will work and that the resulting cake will be delicious.
2. The Primary Ingredients for an Eggless Cake
The primary ingredients for an eggless cake are flour, sugar, fat, raising agent, and milk. While traditional Christmas cakes call for plain flour, you can get experimental with wheat flour and multi-grain flour for a healthy twist. For the fat component, you can use vegetable oil, butter, or margarine. And for the milk, you can use any plant-based milk like almond milk or soy milk.
For this recipe, you will need –
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1.5 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter or oil
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda, and
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the spice mix –
Grind 2 cinnamon sticks, ⅛ tsp nutmeg powder and 2 cloves to form a coarse powder.
Quality ingredients are key to bake the fluffiest Merry Christmas Cake.
3. Preparing The Cake Batter
- Mix wheat flour, all-purpose flour, and spice in a large mixing bowl.
- Now stir in the soaked fruits, nuts, and rum.
- Combine the sugar, vanilla extract, and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Take a mug and fill it with milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk together baking soda and water in a mug with a fork. (This is used as an egg substitute.)
- Add this mixture to the batter and thoroughly combine.
4. Baking The Cake
- Grease a cake pan with oil and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes as well.
- Pour the batter into the tin and lightly tap it to ensure even distribution.
- Bake the cake for at least 50-60 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven.
- The cake is finished when it has turned a nice golden-brown color. Insert a toothpick into the center of your cake to see if it has been baked evenly. Your cake is done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool for 15 minutes before removing it from the tin.
- You can customize the cake by using chocolate ganache, chopped fruits, frosting, chocolate chips, or sprinkles.
Eggless baking requires you to follow the Christmas Cake recipe to the tee. If you have done everything right, you just have to wait for the yummiest cake to pop out of the oven.
Points to Remember While Baking an Eggless Christmas Cake Recipe
- Ensure all your ingredients are at room temperature before baking. Room-temperature ingredients mix more easily and produce a more consistent batter.
- Pre-measuring your ingredients is always a good idea. This way, you can be sure you have enough of each ingredient. If you are in a rush, you can also weigh the ingredients instead of measuring them.
- Do not overmix the batter – Overmixing the batter will result in a tough cake. So, mix the batter until all the ingredients are just combined.
- Be careful with the baking soda – Baking soda is a powerful leavening agent. Too much of it can cause your cake to rise too much, resulting in a heavy cake.
- When baking an eggless Christmas cake, always use fresh ingredients. This is because eggless cakes use chemical reactions to rise, which are not as effective with older ingredients.
Christmas is a time for family, friends, and good food. A traditional Christmas cake is the perfect way to show your loved ones how much you care.
Don’t forget to browse from thousands of Christmas cake designs before you choose one. With this easy Christmas cake recipe, you can make a delicious eggless cake that will please everyone. This cake is perfect for vegans, vegetarians, or those with egg allergies.
If you are short on Christmas cake ideas, log on to Gurgaon Bakers and order your Christmas Cake online. We assure you that our cakes are baked with the same love and passion as you would do for your family and friends. We have a wide variety of Christmas cakes designs to choose from, so you will surely find one that suits your taste. Order your cake today and enjoy a stress-free Christmas!